Saturday, April 27, 2013

Game Summary --- Potion Making: Practice

So I played a couple games with the wife tonight. It did not occur to me to log the game until after we had started our second game, but here it is. I jumped to the early lead with a lucky play of The Avocado Humunculus and some smaller supporting potions.


The wife was stuck behind me just a bit due to a lousy draw, but started to catch up to me. I stayed just out of reach by playing the Dragon off of her Emanation of Force and my Powder of Obeyance.


I got lucky and drew a Transformation spell. I held it for a couple of turns, and then used it to make a great potion. I then played another great potion off of one of my potions and one of the wife's potions. A turn later I made the Supreme Potion using the two great potions from the last play. That bumped me pretty far into the lead.


A few smaller plays and a talisman (8 points) and I had almost clinched the lead.


Some smaller potions to gain some points, and an unintentional block of the wife's major move (I played a potion to the desk that she needed me to actually create), and the game was mine.





Hooray for Gryffindor! The wife made some obligatory grumblings about losing, but she knows that now she has to be house Slytherin for losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment